
Last weekend I ran the Boston Marathon. I qualified to run in Oct of 2008 (qualification is only good for 2 years), had Benson in Oct 2009 (which I might add was way worse than the marathon!) which left me with Boston 2010 and the feat of running a marathon less than 6 months after the baby. My training wasn't the most consistent but thanks to my running buddies and some good weather days I was able to get back in shape by April. James and I flew to NYC first, where we stayed with my good friend and BYU teammate Carolyn Quebe. We saw broadway shows, caught a Yankee's game and saw the sights of the city. Then we headed off to Boston, what an amazing city! Definitely refreshing after the craziness of NYC. The marathon was for sure the highlight of the trip. It was a unreal experience, to run in a sea of 25,000 and have people cheering for you for 26.2 miles was so exciting. I felt great during the race a beat my last marathon time by over 5 min, finishing in 3:17.28. I was unable to walk normally the next day, but we still walked the Freedom Trail in Boston. There were people limping all over the place the next two days, it was pretty obvious who ran the marathon! Anyway, it was a great trip and we had a blast, thanks to the grandmas that kept Benson for us:) Thanks Mom and Sage!




7 comments:
you are amazing! I loved every moment with Benson! You should go again next week!
3:17?!!! That's so amazing Carlee! If I ever decide to do one - then I want your training plan (don't want to do long runs over 16 miles :) )
Great job Carlee! I'm so proud of you. I know getting back in shape is so hard. You are amazing!!!
You are a CHAMPION!!!
wow congrats car, you are seriously amazing!!!!!!
I still can't believe how well you did with the amount of training you had. Forget the 800m, you're a marathon runner!:) Also, I love the pics of Benson. He is very cute!!!!!! Lets go running finally okay?? I think the last time was that walk up the canyon when we were both pregnant...
congrats on the race... you're amazing! 6 mos post-baby! I'm 5 mos post and am just working up to 5 miles.
Bensons getting big! Hes so cute.
Post summer pics. I wanna see TX. Still sad that we're not together. It'd be so fun!
Post a Comment