Tuesday, July 10, 2012

3 month recap!

So I'm pretty much the worst at staying up to date but I've been sooo busy and sooo tired that I just haven't made the time. So...here is a 3 month recap of everything that has happened! 





James and I went to Paris and Rome in April, it was absolutely amazing! Paris was cold but we had an amazing time. I would say the highlights were the Eiffel Tower and the Palace of Versilles. I could not believe how amazing the palace was, the art and fountains and the the vast gardens were crazy. There is no wonder the beheaded Louis XVI, he was living the most extravagant life while so many starved. Rome was our favorite, the colosseum was breathtaking, I can't believe it was built so long ago. We saw the Pope in Rome since we were there on Good Friday, he was performing ceremonies around Italy for the "day of the cross." The Vatican was also amazing, we wish we would have had time to take a tour, you could have spent a week in that place!  








In May we went on a little camping trip to Moab, Camber was here running a race so we decided to come down and enjoy the warm weather. We really had no idea where we were going and just kept driving farther and farther into the middle of nowhere. I'm pretty sure the Honda Accord can take on anything a 4x4 can now! Good driving James:) We hiked along the slick rock and Benson wanted his shirt off, he started doing jumps and throwing rocks and being crazy Benson so James taught him how to do a handstand. I think he picked up on it pretty quick! We hiked through the Tusher Tunnel and it was definitely a favorite for Benson. Although its a little more fun to camp when you don't have to change diapers and make bottles without running water we survived and had a great time.  




On June 16th Coriann got married! Yahoo, it was so beautiful and we had a great time. She was married in the Salt Lake temple and we had a lot of family and friends come. The best was Benson and Porter running all over the place looking like little twin-ers! They found trouble everywhere the went but looked too cute for anyone to actually come down on them!


Benson with his neighbor friends...they had the idea to make their own "water slide" but of course Benson can't just slide down, that would be to conventional! 
Slip n slide time! Our other neighbors had a water part at their house and set up this awesome slide, Benson probably went down 100 times and James at least 50! I did go a few myself and have to admit it was just as fun as it was when I was 10! 



Eli is such a little bear cub, he's always climbing on me and pulling at me and trying to get attention. But look at that adorable face! How can you resist?
Benson and Johnny his 2nd cousin. They were loving the fireworks. These two are both crazy boys with mischievous personalities, so naturally they get along. They kept sneaking treats all night and bringing us sparklers and fireworks wanting us to "fire them and make them shoot!" Thanks aunt Ruby and Uncle Marc for always inviting us to your parties! 

Benson potty-trained back in May, it was pretty dang easy. I'm not holding out for all my kids to do this but Benson just decided one day to wear "skippies" like his cousin Porter. And from then one he just got it, and really enjoyed all the praise and attention (and marshmallows) that came along with going on the potty!

This week one of my clients gave me her kids old playhouse! It has been soooo fun, Benson and Eli have loved it. Benson likes to play store and sell his golf balls, lemonade and just about anything else he can find! He gives excellent customer service so anytime your thirsty Benson would love to sell you a drink for only $5. A natural salesman, he will tell you just what you would like and say, "its only $5!" His price of choice:)

3 comments:

Jenna said...

awesome! you guys are having WAY too much fun! your boys are absolutely adorable!

Carolyn Quebe Williams said...

Wow! What a great coule of months. I can't believe how cute your kiddos are. Is it possible that Benson is a heartbreaker already? The kid's like what, 2? Haha.

cambersue said...

So cute, I'm going to have to swipe a couple of those pics...that one of bense doing a handstand is awesome!

Pics